The Minimize Gaps feature maximizes your online booking availability and daily revenue by eliminating waste and time on your schedule. When clients are booking online, they are presented with time slots that will avoid causing any unnecessary downtime during your day. You can see this feature in action here.
Here's how to activate the feature:
- Navigate to your Business profile.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Select Online Booking Rules.
- Scroll down to the Online Schedule Appearance section.
- Check the box that says "Minimize gaps".
- The next dropdown menu that says "Only display availability before and after existing bookings. Effective during the next" will determine how far in the future the Minimize Gaps tool will apply. For best results, select the greatest option (4 weeks).
- The final dropdown menu that says "Only display availability before and after existing bookings. Effective during the next" determines what size gap you would like to allow. For best results, select the time that matches your most popular duration.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
Minimize Gaps Rules:
- The first and last available times will always display.
- The setting titled "Minimize smaller time gaps between appointments, but allow gaps greater than" controls the size of a gap created by a booking.
- For example, if your setting is 1.5 hours, then the times that display will either be the first time of the day, the last time of the day, times that are directly before or after an existing appointment, or a time that would create a gap equal to or larger than 1.5 hours when booked.
If the "Minimize smaller time gaps between appointments, but allow gaps greater than" option is set to something larger than what would allow an appointment to be booked at all, then the feature will not apply.
- For example, if the setting is 5 hours, but you only have 4 hours of open availability, an appointment cannot be booked that would create a gap of larger than 5 hours, so the client will be able to choose the time they prefer.
If there is only enough time for one appointment to be booked, then the feature will not apply.
- For example, if there is only 2 hours of availability remaining on the schedule and the client is attempting to book a 60 minute appointment with 30 minutes of availability, there will be a 30 minute gap created no matter when the client books, so the client will be able to select the time of their choice.