Square does not allow us to send Client information when a transaction is performed through your Massagebook account. The extent that they allow is the $ amount that needs to be charged to the client's card and, in some cases, the Receipt number from your Massagebook account (2Book Invoice ID). As such, it can be difficult to match a Dispute listed in your Square account with the Client in your Massagebook account. However, there is a way you can do it.
When Square alerts you of the dispute, you will be directed to your Square Disputes Dashboard. The Disputes Dashboard will provide the following relevant information (among other information):
- Date of the Transaction
- $ amount of the Transaction
- Last 4 digits of the card
On each credit card Receipt in your Massagebook account, you will find the following:
- The Transaction Date will display at the top right corner.
- The last 4 digits of the card will display under Payment Method.
- The Client name will display on the left side of the Receipt to the right of Customer.
So you can use the date of the transaction and the last 4 digits from the dispute documentation provided in your Square account to match to a Receipt and, thus, a Client in your Massagebook account. The best way to look through your Receipts to find a match is to use the following steps:
- Navigate to your Business tab.
- Select Sales.
- Under your Sales Activity, scroll to the date of the disputed transaction. You may need to expand the date range to include the date of the disputed transaction. The list defaults to the past 30 days.
- Click on each Receipt that matches the date of the disputed transaction and check the 4 last digits until you find a match.