**MassageBook now has a new and improved mobile app available! If you are using the MassageBook Pro mobile app, you will need to download the new MassageBook Manager mobile app to your device. The MassageBook Pro app can be removed from your device.**
MassageBook Manager lets you check out an appointment and take payment through Square without the need of using the Square POS app. Since MassageBook Manager offers an integrated checkout experience through Square, your Square bluetooth reader will need to be connected to MassageBook Manager rather than the Square POS app. To learn how to accept a Square payment in MassageBook Manager, go here.
Before accepting payments through Square in MassageBook Manager, you may need to disconnect and reconnect to Square within the desktop version of your MassageBook account. Here's how to do that:
- Log in at MassageBook.com.
- Click Settings.
- Click Credit Card Payments.
- Click Disable beside Square.
- Once disconnected, click Connect with Square and reconnect.
If you have membership clients, you will need to reconnect their membership payment method again. Here's how to do that:
- Navigate to the client's record.
- Select the Memberships tab.
- In the Payment Information section, select the Edit button.
- Select Link the client's Square record.
- Use the search bar to find the client's Square record.
- Select the circle next to their name and click Next.
- Select Refresh Cards on file from Square.
- Select the circle next to the card you'd like to use and click Save.
If you have any active Promotions, you will need to go to Marketing > Promotions and turn them on again after reconnecting Square.
If you are receiving an error message when attempting to collect payment, here's some recommended troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure that your MassageBook Manager app and device are fully updated.
- Make sure that your Square account is successfully connected to your MassageBook account. (This must be done from the full MassageBook desktop website. You would go to Settings > Credit Card Payments to check.)
- Open your device's Settings app, and make sure all permissions are enabled for MassageBook Manager. That may include the following permissions:
- Location (Must be Precise Location)
- Bluetooth / Nearby Devices
- Background App Refresh
If you are unable to connect your Square Reader to the MassageBook Manager app, here's some recommended troubleshooting tips:
- Open your device's Bluetooth settings and "forget" the reader.
- Open your Square POS app and "forget" the reader. Here's how to do that:
- Open your Square POS app.
Tap More from the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen.
Tap Settings > Hardware > Square Readers.
Select your connected Reader > Forget This Reader.
- Make sure the Bluetooth feature is disabled on any nearby devices that are not in use.
- Make sure your Square Reader is fully charged.