**MassageBook now has a new and improved mobile app available! If you are using the MassageBook Pro mobile app, you will need to download the new MassageBook Manager mobile app to your device. The MassageBook Pro app can be removed from your device. For any questions about the new mobile app, click here.**
MassageBook Manager lets you check out an appointment and take payment through Square without the need of using the Square POS app. Since MassageBook Manager offers an integrated checkout experience through Square, your Square bluetooth reader will need to be connected to MassageBook Manager rather than the Square POS app.
Important notes: Before accepting payments through Square in MassageBook Manager, you may need to disconnect and reconnect to Square within the desktop version of your MassageBook account. If you are having any trouble with accepting Square payments or connecting your Square reader, click here.
To check out with Square, follow the steps below:
Tap an appointment within your schedule to open the Booking Details page.
- If you are in the Agenda view, you can also swipe right on the appointment to see a checkout option.
Link card on file allows you to select a customer that you have previously added within Square. If they have a card on file, then that will be linked for payment.
- Note: Currently, the customer profile and credit card information will need to be added in Square first. Or the card will need to be added during checkout in the mobile app. If the client selected to save their card during online booking, the card information saves in your square account, but MassageBook does not allow that card information to be used during check out at the moment.
- Add Item allows you to add services, products, or promotions to the sale. Note: any services added during checkout will be added to the client’s record as a prepaid credit to use in the future.
- Edit Total allows you to discount the total amount due.
- Link card on file allows you to select a customer that you have previously added within Square. If they have a card on file, then that will be linked for payment.
- Tap Next.
- Tap the Gear Icon next to Pay with Square to begin connection to your Square reader.
- Tap Connect Reader and press the button down on your Square reader until all lights flash orange.
- Select Pay with Square after your Square reader has connected.
- Select a card on file, or select Swipe card.
- Dip, tap, or swipe the card and complete payment.