When a client is enrolled into a membership, the card that is entered will be saved within Square or Stripe depending on which processor you use.
The stored card information can only be used within MassageBook for membership renewals, however the card can be charged directly in Square or Stripe through the steps below:
- Open the Square Point of Sale App
Enter a custom amount that totals what the client has paid.
Tap Charge > Customer Cards on File.
Select a customer with a card on file > tap Charge to select a payment card for the transaction.
Complete the payment flow.
- Log into your Stripe account at stripe.com
- Select Home.
- Select Customers to open your Customer list.
- Select the Customer in the Customer list to open their customer profile.
- Under Payments, select +Create Payment to open Create a New Payment.
- Enter the Amount to charge to the Client's card on file.
- Select Charge Customer to charge the card and to complete the payment.
After the payment has been accepted within Square or Stripe, you can choose Other as the payment type to record the payment in MassageBook. The most common case would be a client wanting to add a tip to their card on file and the steps to record that would be below.
- The card would be charged in Square or Stripe for the amount that the client wants to tip through the steps mentioned above.
- Within MassageBook you will choose to check out the appointment.
- For the tip amount you will enter the amount that was charged within Square/Stripe.
- Payment methods will then appear and Other should be selected.
This will then record the tip amount within MassageBook and the payment will be recorded in Square/Stripe as well. The same steps can be followed to record any other payment that the client wants to make on their card on file during checkout.