Allowing a client to add a tip with their card on file can be accomplished through our mobile app or the desktop/tablet version of the software on a tablet/smartphone. To be clear, you cannot do this on a desktop/laptop computer.
The steps for doing this on the desktop/tablet version of the software on a tablet are as follows:
1. Login through tablet's web browser.
2. When prompted, select the Tablet/Desktop option.
3. Navigate to Schedule.
4. Tap Appointment.
5. Tap Checkout.
6. Ensure the Use membership balance to pay for this service? box is checked the Total has updated to reflect the credit.
7. Select blue Checkout button.
8. In Tip field, enter the tip.
9. Select Square as the payment method.
10. When asked if you want to open Square, select Open.
11. When Square POS app opens, select Card on File.
12. Find and select client.
13. Select Charge to the right of their card info.
The steps for doing this through the mobile app are a work-around but it will work:
1. Open mobile app.
2. Tap Schedule.
3. Tap desired Appointment.
4. Tap Checkout.
5. Check the Use membership balance to pay for this service box.
6. Select Add to the right of the credit and ensure the Total has updated to reflect the credit.
7. Select Add Item.
8. Select Add Product.
9. In Product Description, enter "Tip"
10. In Price, enter the tip amount.
11. Leave Quantity set to 1.
12. Tap Add.
13. Toggle the Tax option to off if it is toggled on.
14. Tap Next - Select Payment Method.
15. Select Checkout with Square.
16. After the Square POS app opens, tap Card on File.
17. Find and select the client.
18. Select Charge to the right of their card info.