There are two types of credits that can be included when creating a membership. The first are credits at no additional cost other than the monthly price of the membership. The second are credits at a discount in addition to the monthly membership payment.
When applying a credit to a member's appointment, the total amount due will update based on the type of credit used on the appointment.
If you intend for your clients to receive a service at no additional cost after making their monthly membership payment, be sure that the membership is set up to include that credit.
The Services included in membership section should list at least one credit at no additional cost/free
You can check by following these steps:
- Click Setup in the blue banner at the top of your MassageBook account.
- Click Service Menu on the left side of the page.
- Click Memberships.
- Click the name of the membership you wish to edit/view
Then you will view the Services included in membership section of the Membership Edit page. If that section only shows services for a % off, this means that the client is charged up front each month for the membership rate, then will need to pay the discounted rate of the service at checkout as well.
To add credits at no additional cost you will follow these steps while on the Membership Edit page:
- Click +Add another service discount group.
- Enter the number of credits the client should receive for their monthly payment and leave no additional cost selected
- Click Select included services
- Check the box for any services the client should receive for their membership
- Click Select
- Click Save
Note: the changes made will go into effect with the client's next membership payment. For any appointments that should be discounted to $0 before the client's next payment, you can discount manually to $0 at check out.