To check out an appointment and to record the Client's payment in MassageBook Mobile:
- Sign in to the MassageBook Mobile app to open your Dashboard.
- Select Schedule.
- Locate the appointment you need to check out.
- Select the appointment block to open Appointment Details.
- Select Check Out to go to Appointment Checkout.
- If applying a discount, select Discount to enter a dollar or percentage amount off, and add a reason (optional). Select Apply to update the total. Note: The reason is for internal use and does not display on the email version of the receipt.
- Select Next - Select Payment Method.
- Select the Payment Method for how the Client is paying:
- If credit card and you're connected with Square, select Checkout with Square to process through Square Point of Sale (POS). To learn how to check out through POS, go here.
- If credit card and you're connected with Stripe, select Charge to key in or swipe a card. To learn how to check out using the Mobile Card Reader, go here.
- If cash, select Cash > enter the amount received > Complete Checkout.
- If check, select Check > enter the check # > enter the amount received > Complete Checkout.
- If Gift Certificate, select Gift Certificate > enter the Gift number > enter the amount received > Complete Checkout.
- If none of the above, select Other > enter a Description > enter the amount received > Complete Checkout.
- A receipt will be generated upon completion. Select Send Receipt to email it to the Client or select Skip to bypass.
Afterwards, you'll be returned to the Schedule, and the appointment block will update to Checked Out.
- If including a tip and checking out using a method other than credit card, include the tip in the amount received in step 8. If an amount greater than the balance due is entered, the difference is converted to a tip. If credit card is selected, the Client signs and adds a tip amount of their choice.
- The date on the receipt is based on the checkout date. If the appointment date was January 1st but it was checked out on January 2nd, the receipt date will be January 2nd.
- If you are Staff of a Business, your Permissions must include Scheduling and Cash Register in order to check out appointments in MassageBook Mobile.