We are thrilled to announce the brand new feature of our integration with Square – which will allow for you to easily connect your Square merchant account to MassageBook, offering your customers a seamless and simple way to make payment and you a powerful tool to operate your business.
As one of the most feature-rich and advanced payment processing solutions available for businesses, Square offers a multitude of options and tools to cater to your unique business needs including:
- Low processing fees of 2.75% per swipe/dip/tap
- Hardware for your practice or to take with you on the go
- Desktop payments direct from your computer – no app required
- Save cards on file to make payments fast and easy for your customers
- Ability to collect tips
- Fast & reliable deposits – as fast as 1 business day
- Customer familiarity
If you are considering making the switch from Stripe to Square for MassageBook payments, you may have some questions along the way! We've compiled the most frequently asked questions below:
Can I connect my MassageBook account to both Stripe and Square?
No. You cannot be connected to both simultaneously in MassageBook. You do have the option to disconnect from one account and connect to the other at any time.
What happens to my existing Stripe account?
Your Stripe account is still active and accessible, its just no longer connected to MassageBook. You can still access the account via the email and address and password you have on file with Stripe.
What if I have Stripe deposits that are still pending? Will I still get paid?
Yes. Any pending transactions will still be routed to the bank account associated with your Stripe account.
- If you changed your bank account in Stripe prior to the funds being deposited, any payouts that are pending or in transit will be sent to the bank account previously on file. Those will likely fail if they're not able to be received by the previous bank account. At that time, they'll be rescheduled and directed to the new account on file.
- If your bank account cannot receive a payout for any reason, your bank will return the funds to Stripe. It can take up to an additional five business days for your bank to return the payout and inform Stripe that it has failed. Should this occur, you will be notified by email and on your Stripe Dashboard. To ensure that your bank account details are correct, you will need to re-enter them if a payout fails. Once done, Stripe will automatically attempt the payout again.
Can I still process HSA and FSA cards with Square?
In order to accept HSA and FSA cards using Square, your business will need to be set up under the business category Medical Practitioner, Medical Services, or Dentistry in Square. This can be selected during Square account creation. If you've already created a Square account, you will need to contact Square Support to ensure you can accept HSA and FSA cards of a certain classification.
All Stripe accounts (if created through MassageBook) are automatically classified under MCC 8099. Since Square accounts are not created through MassageBook, we can't do anything on our end to make that card accepted by Square. Your Stripe account still works regardless if its connected through MassageBook, so for an immediate solution to process those while still being connected to Square, you can log into your Stripe account via stripe.com and try to charge the card.
Can I still refund a Stripe transaction if I have already connected to my Square account?
You must be connected to the account that processed the credit card in order to refund it. If you attempt to refund a credit card transaction that was processed via Stripe, you will receive an error message letting you know that you need to connect back to Stripe to refund the card.
If a client purchased a gift certificate while I was connected to Stripe, will the code still be redeemable?
Absolutely! Nothing changes to any existing services, series, or gift certificates sold when you were connected to Stripe. The process for redeeming a gift certificate remains the same.
Can I access the credit cards I have saved on file in Stripe during Square checkout?
Square allows you to charge a card that you have saved on file with Square. If you have questions regarding transferring client information from Stripe to Square, you will need to reach out to Square Support directly.