You can charge a credit card using the USB Card Reader if you're connected with Stripe and are checking out an appointment in the desktop version of MassageBook using a desktop or laptop computer.
Before you begin, simply plug the USB Card Reader into your computer's USB port. The light on the reader will be solid green.
To check out an appointment using the USB Card Reader, navigate to your:
- Business Profile.
- Select Schedule.
- Locate the appointment you need to check out.
- Click on the appointment block to open the side menu.
- Select Check out to go to the first page of Checkout and to review the details.
- Select Checkout to proceed to the next page.
- If adding a tip, enter a dollar amount into Tip. The total due will update accordingly.
- Under Payment Method, select Charge to open Card Payment.
- If Swipe is disabled, select OFF to turn it ON.
- Swipe the card through the reader in either direction to process it.
- A receipt will be generated upon completion, and you will be prompted to do one of the following:
- Done, Don't Email Receipt if the Client does not need a receipt.
- Print Receipt if the Client wants a printed version.
- Send Email Receipt if the Client wants an emailed version. If needed, select Edit to change the delivery address to something other than what the Client has on file. This will not change the Client's default email address.
Afterwards, you'll be returned to the Schedule, and the appointment block will update to Checked Out.
- If you need to key in the card instead, select OFF in step 9 to manually enter the required information.
- If adding a tip, the amount must be entered prior to charging the card in order for it to be included. A Client does not have the option to sign and add a tip to a receipt when using the desktop version. That capability is only available when using MassageBook Mobile and the Mobile Card Reader.