Square POS hardware and payment methods can be used via the MassageBook Manager mobile app and the desktop version of MassageBook on a tablet or phone.
To use Cards on File in the MassageBook Manager mobile app, you will need to begin checkout of the client's appointment and select the "Link card on file" option shown below:
Once you have linked the MassageBook Client to the corresponding Square customer account, the client's saved card (credit card or gift card) will then be available to charge after selecting "Pay with Square":
- You will only be able to use the card saved on file during checkout if the card was added:
- During Membership enrollment.
- During in office checkout.
- Directly in your Square POS app.
- During online booking, clients have the ability to "save this card for future use". If this is selected, a customer account is created in your connected Square account and the card is saved on file in the Square customer account. However, this card will not be able to be charged during checkout in the MassageBook Manager mobile app.
- To charge a Square Gift Card, you will need to add the Gift card on file to the client's Square customer record first, then link to it during checkout in the MassageBook Manager app.
Desktop Version of MassageBook
To use Cards on File in the desktop version of MassageBook on a mobile device (phone or tablet), you will need to be sure that you've downloaded the Square POS app from your app store. You'll be able to charge any cards on file or gift certificates during check-out. If tips are enabled in your POS app, they'll be offered up as normal during check-out.
For more information on the devices compatible with MassageBook's integration with Square, Click Here.