Once credit card payments are enabled, Clients will have the option to prepay for appointments at the end of online booking.
If you prefer to require prepayment in order to reserve the appointment, you can set your rules by navigating to your:
- Business Profile.
- Select Settings.
- Select Online Booking Rules to go to Booking Rules.
- Select Prepayment Rules.
- To require new Clients to prepay, check Require prepayment for NEW (1st time) Clients booking online.
- To require existing Clients to prepay, check Require prepayment for EXISTING (repeat) Clients booking online.
- Select Save to set your preferences and to enable prepayment requirements.
- A Client's card is charged immediately, and the funds are transferred to your bank account.
- You cannot require just a deposit to reserve the appointment. The amount must be paid in full at that time.
- A Client can only pay for the cost of the Service. A tip cannot be added when prepaying online.
- Even if a Client has prepaid in the past, they will still have to enter their card information each time they book online. Credit card information is not stored within MassageBook.
- A PrePaid icon will display on the Client's appointment on the Schedule.
- If the Client is purchasing a Series, the full amount of the Series will be charged upfront.
- As of January 2nd, 2019, if you've chosen to allow new Clients to book through your Business Listing in the MassageBook Search Directory, all new Clients booking through there will be required to prepay in order to confirm their appointment. New Clients booking through your MassageBook Business Website will not be required to prepay if you have not activated the setting in Prepayment Rules. They will still have the option to pay in advance or pay after the appointment.