Even if a Client has prepaid for a Service, you can still check out the appointment to record that it happened and to add a tip (if applicable).
To check out a prepaid appointment, go to your:
- Business Profile.
- Select Schedule.
- Locate the appointment you need to check out.
- Select the appointment block to open the side menu.
- Select Check out to go to the first page of Checkout.
- Review the details to ensure that $0 is due.
- Select Next: Tip to proceed to the next page. If the client already tipped when they prepaid, there will be an option that says Additional Tip instead.
- If adding a tip, enter a dollar amount in the Tip field. The total due will update accordingly.
- Choose a Payment Method for the tip to record the payment. Note: A tip amount must be entered first in order for Payment Methods to appear. If adding a tip through Square Point of Sale, enter the amount in MassageBook first then select Square. In Square, instruct the Client to sign only. If a tip is added in Square and MassageBook, the card will be charged for both amounts.
- A receipt will be generated upon completion, and you can choose the delivery method.
- If not adding a tip, select Confirm after step 7 to complete checkout.
Afterwards, you'll be returned to the Schedule, and the appointment block will update to Checked Out.
- Two receipts are generated for a prepaid Service: one when it is initially paid for and one when it is checked out. If a tip is added to an appointment that was prepaid for online by the Client, the tip is not retroactively added to the original receipt. The tip will only be added to the second receipt.
- If adding a tip using a credit card, the card must be charged again even if it's the same one that was used to prepay for the Service.