Even if a Client has prepaid for a Service, you can still check out the appointment to record that it happened and to add a tip (if applicable).
To check out a prepaid appointment, go to your:
- Business Profile.
- Select Schedule.
- Locate the appointment you need to check out.
- Select the appointment block to open the side menu.
- Select Check out to go to the first page of Checkout.
- Review the details to ensure that $0 is due.
- Select Next: Tip to proceed to the next page.
- If adding a tip, enter a dollar amount in the Tip field. The total due will update accordingly.
- Choose a Payment Method for the tip to record the payment. Note: A tip amount must be entered first in order for Payment Methods to appear. If adding a tip through Square Point of Sale, enter the amount in MassageBook first then select Square. In Square, instruct the Client to sign only. If a tip is added in Square and MassageBook, the card will be charged for both amounts.
- A receipt will be generated upon completion, and you can choose the delivery method.
- If not adding a tip, select Confirm after step 7 to complete checkout.
Afterwards, you'll be returned to the Schedule, and the appointment block will update to Checked Out.
- A receipt for a prepaid Service is generated on the date it's purchased. If a tip is added to an appointment that was prepaid for online by the Client, the tip is retroactively added to the original receipt. If a tip is added to an appointment that was sold and prepaid for through the Cash Register, a new receipt is generated just for the tip payment.
- If adding a tip using a credit card, the card must be charged again even if it's the same one that was used to prepay for the Service.