If a Client is paying with two or more payment methods, you can split the balance due between them.
In the following example, the Client is paying for a $100 service with a $75 Gift Certificate and $25 cash.
To check out using a split payment, navigate to your:
- Business Profile.
- Select Schedule.
- Locate the appointment you need to check out.
- Select the appointment block to open the side menu.
- Select Check out to go to the first page of Checkout and to review the details.
- Select Checkout to proceed to the next page.
- Select Gift Cert.
- Enter the Gift Certificate code.
- Select Record Payment to apply $75.
- Select Cash.
- Select Record Payment to apply the remaining $25 and to complete checkout.
Note: The order of operations can vary depending on the payment methods being used.
- If connected with Stripe and using a credit card first, select Charge > Swipe OFF > Split Payment to adjust the amount being charged to the card. Otherwise, select the other method first to automatically adjust the balance due being charged to the card.
- If connected with Square and recording a card payment through Square Point of Sale (POS), select the other method first to automatically adjust the balance due being charged to the card before entering POS.