To update your bank account on file with Stripe and to change where you receive future payouts:
- Sign in to your Stripe account to open your Dashboard.
- Select Home.
- Select Balance to expand the menu.
- Select Settings to open the Bank Accounts page.
- Select Edit to enter your new routing and account number.
- Select Update Bank Account.
Afterwards, Stripe will send a confirmation to your Stripe account's email address. Simply click the link in the email to complete the process.
- Any payouts that are pending or in transit will be sent to the bank account previously on file. Those will likely fail if they're not able to be received by the previous bank account. At that time, they'll be rescheduled and directed to the new account on file.
- If your bank account cannot receive a payout for any reason, your bank will return the funds to Stripe. It can take up to an additional five business days for your bank to return the payout and inform Stripe that it has failed. Should this occur, you will be notified by email and on your Stripe Dashboard. To ensure that your bank account details are correct, you will need to re-enter them if a payout fails. Once done, Stripe will automatically attempt the payout again.