Are you transferring your Business to MassageBook? Do you have outstanding gift certificates that were sold outside of MassageBook? Do you want those codes to be available for use in MassageBook?
You have the ability to create and generate your own gift codes, and you can assign a dollar amount of your choice to each.
Once a Unique Code is created and sold through the Cash Register, it can be redeemed in MassageBook by the recipient at the end of online booking or by the Business when checking out an appointment.
Before you begin:
- Ensure you have a Client record for each person who has purchased a gift certificate from you in the past. A purchasing Client must be selected in order to create and sell a Unique Code through the Cash Register, and the sale and gift code will be stored under that Client's record.
- Add Store Credit in the amount of the gift certificate to the purchaser's record. This will be used to cover the total due when creating and selling the Unique Code, and no new earned income will be added to Sales because Store Credit does not count towards it.
To create a Unique Code for a previously sold gift certificate, navigate to your:
- Business Profile.
- Select Cash Register.
- Select Add Gift Certificate.
- Select Create Gift Code to open Create Gift Certificate Tracking Code.
- Enter a Unique Code that matches the previously sold one. Spaces are not allowed, and it cannot be longer than 50 characters.
- Enter a Dollar Amount for the code. The value of the Gift Certificate is determined by the dollar amount entered here.
- Select Apply to add the Gift Certificate to the Cash Register.
- Type in Search Clients to locate and select the Client who purchased it. If the Client doesn't already have a record, choose +Quick Add instead, fill in their contact information, and select Add Client.
- Select Checkout to proceed with recording the payment.
- Select Apply Credit to use the Store Credit and to update the balance due to $0.
- Select Confirm.
Once the sale is finalized, the Unique Code will be generated and stored under Gift Certificates in the Credits section of the purchaser's record.
- A Unique Code can only be used once at a time per Business. Once the code has been redeemed or regenerated, it can be created and sold again.
- Because a recipient isn't required, a Unique Code can be redeemed by whomever has access to it.
- Your subscription type or free trial must include the Gift Certificates feature in order to create Unique Codes. Master or Marketing only.