The Bring 'Em Back triggers a sequence of five messages to a Client who hasn't booked in awhile encouraging them to book another appointment.
The first email in the marketing drip sends if a Client hasn't booked a new appointment within 33 days of their most recent one. A second follow up is sent if a new appointment isn't booked within 21 days after the first email. This 21 day process continues over the course of three more emails.
The sequence stops as soon as a new appointment is booked or until it runs its course.
The following predefined criteria must be met in order for the Autopilot to send:
- The Bring 'Em Back is active.
- The Client has an email address on file in the Details section of their record.
- The Client's most recent appointment was greater than 38 days ago.
- This Autopilot sequence only sends once per Client. A new one does not continue to send after every 38 day period without an appointment.
- Once it's running, Clients who have booked in the past but haven't had an appointment in more than 38 days from the current date will receive it.