Personal Availability determines the available appointment times that new and existing clients see when they view your online Service Menu to schedule an appointment. If you have no preference as to when a client's appointment begins, only that it is booked within your available hours of work, you can set up your Availability in one large block. In the example below, a client would see the following appointment start times: 8:00, 8:30, 9:00, 9:30, 10:00, 10:30, and so on.
If you would like specific start times for your appointments (meaning that appointments begin at set times that you control) you will want to add your Availability in blocks throughout the day so that you can better control appointment start times. For this tutorial, we will work through an example of how to set up Availability for a 30 minute facial that is only offered twice a day.
- A 30 minute facial with 10 minutes of Prep Time and 10 minutes of Recovery Time is offered at 9:30 am and 6:00 pm only.
In order to accommodate this schedule, the business will need to set up individual blocks of time that allow for the service's Prep Time, Recovery Time, and Duration to be scheduled.
Factors that Determine what Available Appointment Times a Client Sees when they Book Online:
- The Preparation and/or Recovery Time assigned to your individual Services.
- The Duration of your Services.
- Online Booking Intervals, which determine whether available appointment times display on the quarter hour, half hour, or hour.
- The Start and End Time of your Personal Availability Block(s).
- Other appointments or Blocked Time on your Schedule for that day.
Creating Blocks of Availability for a 30 Minute Facial:
- Add a block of availability from 9:15 am to 10:15 am. The Prep Time on the facial will allow the first appointment to begin at 9:15 am. Since the business set online booking intervals to the half hour, the first appointment will be available at 9:30 am. The duration of the service will extend to 10:00 am, and 15 minutes at the end of the appointment will allow for Recovery Time.
- Add a block of availability from 5:45 pm to 6:45 pm. The Prep Time on the facial will allow the second appointment to begin at 5:45 pm. Since the business set online booking intervals to the half hour, the second appointment time for the facial will be 6:00. The duration of the service will extend to 6:30 pm, and 15 minutes at the end of the appointment will allow for Recovery Time.
- The client will only see these two appointment times when selecting the Facial from the Service Menu.