To help make your transition to MassageBook as seamless as possible, we offer several ways to enter your clients into the MassageBook database. You can manually enter client information one by one, or you can bulk import from either a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file, your Google Contacts, or your Outlook Contacts. This tutorial will cover how to import clients from a CSV file.
For instructions on how to save your existing Excel spreadsheet as a CSV file, visit the Microsoft Office tutorial found here.
Note: It's recommended your CSV file has a separate column for each type of information. The available fields for importing are as follows:
- First Name (Required)
- Last Name (Required)
- Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
- State (must be abbreviated)
- Zip - 5 digits only
- Primary Phone - 9 digits only, with or without dashes
- Alternate Phone - 9 digits only, with or without dashes
- Email Address
- Birthday - MM/DD/YY or DD/MM/YYYY format
We strongly suggest that you double check your Client List for errors so that no special characters or letters are displaying in fields that should be numbers only. Misplaced letters or characters could prevent a particular record, or the entire list, from importing properly.
To Get Started:
- Navigate to your Business tab.
- Select Clients.
- Select Import / Export.
- Choose Import client file from the drop-down.
Step One: Type of Import
- Select the button for Generic CSV.
- Search your computer for the correct file to attach.
- If the first row of your spreadsheet contains a heading for each column, select the checkbox next First row contains column titles.
- Enter a tag of your choice and/or remove the existing tag. We populate a tag by default so that you will know which clients were imported. If you choose to keep the default tag, it will display on each client record in your Client List. Select Next.
Step Two: Tell Us What Kind of Data is in Each Column
- Match the title in the drop-down menu to the data that is in the column.
- Select Next.
- Select all clients (deselect any clients in the list that you do not wish to import), or select specific clients to import. Select Next.
- Resolve any duplicates that might exist in your file by either 1) choosing to overwrite / replace the existing client record(s) or 2) continuing with the original, existing client record prior to import.
- Select Import.