Setting up a Stripe account allows you to:
- Process credit card transactions
- Accept prepayment from clients during online booking
- Accept HSA and FSA cards from clients
- Sell Gift Certificates on your business listing, personal website, or Facebook page
- Issue a refund to a client's credit card via MassageBook
To Get Started:
- Navigate to your Business tab.
- Select Settings.
- Select Payments.
- Select Connect with Stripe.
- If you have an existing Stripe account that you wish to connect to, select the blue Sign In button at the top right-hand side of the account creation page.
- If you do not already have a Stripe account login, fill in the fields that appear on the account creation page. Some of this information will pull directly from your MassageBook Business Listing. Fields that display include: Location, Business Information, Account Details, Personal Details, Credit Card Statement Details, and Bank Details.
- Enter an email address and password. Be sure to document these credentials, as you will need them to access your Stripe account after long periods of inactivity.
- Select Authorize access to this account to proceed.
- Return to your MassageBook Business Settings and notice that your Stripe account shows as Active and a blue Manage Stripe Account button now displays.
Note: You can link the same Stripe account to multiple businesses in MassageBook; however, only one bank account can be assigned to a business within MassageBook. While a business with multiple staff members cannot have the funds split up across multiple Stripe accounts, you can link subsequent businesses to a different bank account via "sub-accounts" in Stripe.