A client has credits on their account if they have paid for services that have not yet been performed, been reimbursed via house credit for cancelled pre-paid appointments, or purchased gift certificates that have not yet been redeemed. As soon as a credit is adjusted or redeemed, the changes will updated immediately in the Credits section of their client record.
- Navigate to your Business tab.
- Select Clients.
- Search for the client and click on their name to open up their client record.
- Select the Credits tab.
- Use the tools provided to manage each type of credit.
- Gift Certificates: A history of all gift certificates that the client has purchased will display here. Once the code has been applied at check-out, the name of the client who redeemed the gift certificate will also display.
- Pre-Sold Series: If the client paid up front for a Series of Services, the number of services that you owe to the client will display here. If you need to reduce the number of Series appointments remaining (for example, if the client gifted a one of their series appointments to another client), select the edit button next to the number remaining to make the change.
- Store Credits: If you have granted the client house cash that they can use during check-out, it will display here. Since you are not receiving any payment from the client, Store Credit does not count towards your businesses income and will not display as such in your Sales Activity. Cancelled appointments that were already paid for will be converted to Store Credit by default unless you choose not to credit the client.
- Pre-Sold Individual Services: If the client paid in advance for a service that has not yet been booked, it will display here. Pre-Sold Services (and Series) populate automatically when you schedule an appointment for the client. At the time of check-out, the amount due and the income received for the service will be 0.00, since you received the payment on the date it was sold from the Cash Register.