There are a few ways Store Credit can be added to a Client's record.
- You can manually add it.
- If a Client redeems a Gift Certificate that is valued at more than the cost of the Service, the remaining balance is converted to Store Credit.
- If a Client canceled a prepaid Service from within their own account prior to Fall 2019, the payment would have been converted to Store Credit to use towards a future appointment. Note: This behavior has since changed. If the business or the client cancels a prepaid appointment, the Service is added back to the Client's Credits to rebook at a later date.
To remove Store Credit from a Client's record, navigate to your:
- Business Profile.
- Select Clients to open your list.
- Search for and select the Client to open their record.
- Select the Account tab.
- Enter a negative amount (e.g., -100) in Store Credit.
- Select Apply to subtract the amount and to update the balance.
- Even though a receipt is generated when checking out with Store Credit, Store Credit does not count towards earned income.
- Store Credit can be applied by the Business when checking out an appointment or by the client during online booking prepayment.