**MassageBook now has a new and improved mobile app available! If you are using the MassageBook Pro mobile app, you will need to download the new MassageBook Manager mobile app to your device. The MassageBook Pro app can be removed from your device.**
MassageBook Manager lets you check out an appointment and take payment through Stripe.
Note: Currently, only manual entry is available with Stripe for Canadian businesses
After connecting your Stripe reader, you can checkout by following the steps below:
Tap an appointment within your schedule to open the Booking Details page.
- If you are in the Agenda view, you can also swipe right on the appointment to see a checkout option.
Link card on file allows you to select a customer that you have previously added within Stripe. If they have a card on file, then that will be linked for payment.
- Note: Currently, the customer profile will need to be added in Stripe first. Or the card will need to be added during membership enrollment.
Add Item allows you to add services, products, or promotions to the sale.
- Note: any services added during checkout will be added to the client’s record as a prepaid credit to use in the future.
- Edit Total allows you to discount the total amount due
- Link card on file allows you to select a customer that you have previously added within Stripe. If they have a card on file, then that will be linked for payment.
- Tap Next
- Use your reader to dip, tap, or swipe the card.
- You can also use a card on file or choose to manually enter the card information.
- The client will add their signature after the card is charged.
- Tap Complete Purchase.
- Tipping during payment with a Stripe reader will only be possible if the Merchant Classification Code on your Stripe account is set as the "Health and Beauty Spa" category. If you do not see tipping options, please contact Stripe for assistance on setting your account properly.
If your client is paying by credit card, then the tip option will display be between the card swipe/tap/manual entry and the signature stage. If it's cash/check/GC/other transaction, then the tip will be included in the total amount paid that's entered.
- Stripe limits the minimum amount that can be processed in a transaction at $0.50.