What exactly happened?
On July 3rd, we made updates to the MassageBook Manager app to allow Square Gift Cards to be processed. However, this caused fees that are normally delivered to MassageBook automatically to be held in Square and paid out to your connected bank account. This means from July 3rd until August 9th, some credit card transactions produced a higher payout than what was intended.
Is this something new?
No, but normally it is all processed automatically. Square charges a set fee for online payments (3.5% + $0.15) and a portion of that processing fee is delivered automatically to MassageBook since the payment is made through our application. In addition to that, there are fees associated with client memberships and receiving new clients through the directory. In other months, these would have been processed automatically but for applicable payments between July 3rd and August 9th, we will need these payments to be made manually.
How do I pay what I owe?
An invoice will be sent to the email address you use to log into your MassageBook account. Within the invoice you will find an itemized list that shows the following information:
- MassageBook receipt number
- This number will match what is shown on the receipt within your MassageBook account
- Total amount paid by the client
- This is the total amount paid by the client to your business
- Actual amount received from Square
- This is the total amount deposited to your bank by Square
- Expected amount received from Square
- This is the amount that should have been deposited to your bank by Square
- This is the difference between the actual payout and the expected payout
The invoice can be paid with the card you have on file with MassageBook, a different card, or other methods of payment such as CashApp. All payment methods will appear when paying the invoice.
How do I verify that the amount owed is correct?
Important Note: Within MassageBook, all payments appear correct. However, Square will show the actual payout amount. So to verify the owed amounts provided in the invoice, you can view your Square dashboard. The steps below will walk you through that process
Locating the MassageBook receipt in your MassageBook account
- Log into your MassageBook account from a desktop computer or tablet. If logging in from your phone, be sure to choose the "Desktop/Tablet" version upon login.
- Select Sales.
- Set the date range to display payments beginning with July 1st.
- Click the receipt in the Sales Activity list.
- Confirm the receipt number matches what is listed in the invoice.
Below is an example of a MassageBook receipt:
Locating the Square payout in your Square dashboard
To view individual transaction details within Square:
- Log into your Square app.
From the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen, tap More.
Tap individual payments to view transaction details.
- View the Transferred Amount.
The amount shown in Transferred Amount will be higher than the amount that should have been delivered.
Below is an example Square transaction:
What will happen if I cannot pay through the invoice?
If the payment is not made through the invoice, then the card that is on file for your MassageBook subscription will be charged on August 31st.
How does paying MassageBook benefit me?
What we receive from credit card processing, along with monthly subscriptions, is put back into MassageBook so we can continue to provide quality service to our users.