MassageBook Manager offers a few different ways to block time, each with their own benefits. This article will cover every way you can block time on your schedule.
Blocked Time can be used for any event other than an appointment. For example, if you have a doctor's appointment on a Monday at 2pm but have Monday availability from 8am - 5pm, add Blocked Time to that date and time to make yourself unavailable for booking during that period.
Quick Action Button
The quick action button is located on your Dashboard, Business Schedule, and Personal Schedule (if you have access to more that one business profile in your account).
This is the fastest way to block time. To block time from the quick action button, you will follow these steps:
- Tap the + icon on your Dashboard, Business Schedule, or Personal Schedule
- Choose Block Time
- If you have access to multiple businesses, and block time from your Dashboard or Personal Schedule, you can choose the business you wish to block. You can select a specific business or all businesses. Blocking time from your Business Schedule will be specific to that business.
- If you have access to only one business profile with multiple staff, or are blocking time from a Business Schedule with multiple staff, you can select which staff member is blocked as well.
- Toggle the setting for All Day. If the All Day toggle is selected, then the entirety of the day will be blocked. If the toggle is off, then you can specify the time that will be blocked.
- Select Date, Start Time, and End Time
- If the client has any pre-paid credits available, those will appear as well.
- If an Outcall service is selected, then a prompt will appear to enter the appointment location
- Select Business or Staff the blocked time applies to (depending on your view and business profile settings)
- Add Notes (optional) related to the reason for the blocked time.
- Tap Save
- View the Day, 3 Day, or Week views
- Tap within your schedule
- If you tap the date and time you wish to block, it will be entered for you on the Block Time page.
- Tap Block Time
- Adjust date, time, business/staff, as needed
- Tap Save