Thank you for purchasing MassageBook’s mobile bluetooth card reader! Please review the important information below prior to checking out your first appointment. For illustrated instructions, please visit the Mobile section of our Help Center at support.massagebook.com or contact our team at Support@MassageBook.com.
iPhone and iPad Users
Requirements for mobile credit card processing:
- You must have a Stripe account set up in MassageBook in order to accept credit card payments. Set this up under Settings > Payments > Connect with Stripe.
- Download the MassageBook Pro mobile app from the iTunes Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/massagebook-pro/id1145050807?mt=8 This device will not work with the mobile version of website accessed through a browser. You must download the native MassageBook Pro app.
- While the iOS app will work with ALL iPhone and iPad models, the wireless Bluetooth card reader will only work with iPhones 4S or newer that support the newer Bluetooth 4.0 protocol.
- Compatible iPad versions with Bluetooth 4.0 include: iPad 3rd and 4th generation; iPad mini 1,2,3 and 4; iPad Air and Air2
Setting up the mobile bluetooth card reader:
- Charge the bluetooth card reader using the USB to micro USB cable (included in the box your card reader came in). Plug the USB side of the cable (the big end) into your computer or other powered USB port, and the micro side into the bottom of the card reader.
- A light on the device will turn on. A red light indicates that your device is not fully charged.
- A green light indicates your device is fully charged.
Note: To preserve battery life, we suggest turning off the reader after each use. To do so, hold the power button down for two seconds. We also suggest keeping the USB charger cord nearby and charging the reader at night to keep the charge topped off.
- Turn on the bluetooth card reader by holding down the power button (located on the bottom of the card reader) for two seconds.
- If the light is blinking green, the reader is on and you’re ready to pair it with your phone or tablet.
- If the light is blinking red, the reader device is low on battery and will likely need to be charged soon.
Note: You should only need to pair your card reader a single time. In the future, your phone will automatically detect the card reader and connect to it once it is turned on.
Checking out appointments with the mobile bluetooth card reader:
- From the MassageBook Pro app, check out a client as usual and select Credit Card as method of payment.
- Tap the Connect button and the app will search for the device.
- When the device is connected, the light on the reader will change to a steady green and a message on your phone or tablet will say Ready to swipe. If presented with permission requests, please approve as they are required for the card reader device to work correctly.
- Swipe the card in the direction indicated by the arrow on the card reader. Upon a successful swipe, you will automatically be taken to the tip screen. At this point, hand the phone or tablet to your client for them to sign and select a tip amount.
Note: Stripe, the payment processor MassageBook uses, does not yet support smart “chip” cards. Once Stripe enables smart chip reading, you’ll be able to “dip” smart cards with your reader. Stay tuned to our bi-weekly release notes for updates.