Cache is simply a component of your browser (Chrome, Safari, etc.) that stores data so future requests for that data can be served up faster. Cache files that have been stored down to your browser may interfere with the functionality of software and websites (if updates have been released since your cache was last cleared).
The tutorials below will walk you through how to clear your cache. Please note there is no sound on the videos.
- Open up your Safari Browser, select Safari in the top tool bar of your computer.
- Select Preferences in the drop down options.
- Select Privacy, be sure to only have "Allow from websites I visit" selected. Deselect "Always Block".
- Click Manage Website Data under Privacy, select one or more websites, then click Remove Remove All. Click Done.
Mobile Google Chrome
- Open the Chrome browser. Select the Chrome menu button (3 lines) ☰ in the upper-right corner.
- Select "Settings". You may have to scroll the menu down to find it.
- Select "Privacy". This can be found in the Advanced section.
- Scroll down until you see "Clear browsing data".
- Check the boxes for "Cookies and site data" and "Cached images and files".
- Select "Clear Data"
Mobile Mozilla Firefox
- Open up Firefox and go to the "History" panel on the browser's home screen.
- Select "Clear browsing history" at the bottom of the History panel.
- Select "Ok".
- On your iPhone, go to your "Settings" app on your home screen.
- Scroll down until you see "Safari". Depending on which version of the iPhone you have, t's usually found towards the bottom of the fourth group of menu options. Tap on it to bring up the Safari options menu.
- Select "Clear Cookies and Data". You might need to scroll down to find it. A pop-up box will appear. Tap "Clear Cookies and Data" again to confirm your choice. The options will then be grayed out and Safari's cache will be cleared. In iOS 8, this is labeled "Clear History and Website Data".
Mobile Samsung Internet
- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Internet.
- Tap the MORE icon.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy.
- Tap Delete personal data.
- Choose the following:
- Browsing history
- Tap DELETE.