Cache is simply a component of your browser (Chrome, Safari, etc.) that stores data so future requests for that data can be served up faster. Old cache files that have been stored in your browser's cache may interfere with the functionality of software and websites (if updates have been released since your cache was last cleared).
The tutorials below will walk you through how to clear your cache.
Note: it is best practice to restart your device after completing the relevant cache clearing steps.
Please ensure you follow Steps 4 & 5 closely as they are critically important.
Please Note: ignore Step 4--Cookies and Site Data should absolutely, without question remain checked.
Mobile Google Chrome:
Mobile Mozilla Firefox
- Select the Menu button (3 lines) at the bottom right.
- Select Settings.
- In the Privacy section, select Data Management.
- Select Clear Private Data.
- Select Website Data.
- Select Clear All Website Data.
Mobile Samsung Internet
- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Internet.
- Tap the MORE icon.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy.
- Tap Delete personal data.
- Choose the following:
- Browsing history
- Tap DELETE.