Each geographical location for a business is recognized as a separate business, even if the name of the business itself is the same. This allows for each business location to have it's own set of Staff, Services, Prices, Hours of Availability, etc. If you wish to redeem a Gift Certificate purchased at one location for a client at another location, follow the steps below in order to accurately account for the transaction.
Removing the Gift Certificate from business A
- Copy the Gift Certificate code. This can be found in the Account or Credits tab of the purchasing client's record in your Client List, or in the Gift Certificates Report located under your Sales tab.
- Navigate to the Cash Register.
- In the space marked Select Client, enter the client's name that you want to be associated with the redeemed Gift Certificate.
- Select the Product button.
- Enter a Description (such as "Unused Gift Certificate"), "1" for Quantity, and the value of the Gift Certificate in the space marked Price.
- Select Next: Payment and choose Gift Cert.
- Paste the Gift Certificate code and complete the checkout process.
Applying the Gift Certificate amount at business B
- Navigate to your Business tab.
- Select Clients.
- Search for the client and click on their name to open up their client record.
- Select the Account tab.
- Under Store Credit, type a positive amount. For example, enter 140 to add $140.
- Select Apply.
- When you check-out the appointment, apply the Store Credit so that no money is due. This will ensure that no additional income is added to your Sales, since the purchase was recorded at your other business location.