The Possible Duplicates tool in the Clients section of your Business Profile suggests which records could be duplicates based on matching names. It's used to clean up your list, and if duplicates exist, you can merge the records into one.
To use the tool and to merge duplicates, navigate to your:
- Business Profile.
- Select Clients.
- Select Possible Duplicates at the top of your list to open the Possible Duplicates page, and a list of all suggestions will appear.
- If you see two records you want to merge, select the checkbox next to each Client.
- Select Duplicates.
- Select Select to open Merge Client Records.
- When merging, Client Duplicate #1 goes into Client Duplicate #2. Contact information in #2 will remain intact and will not be overridden by #1. If contact information exists in #1 but not #2, that information will be added to #2 after the merge. All booking/accounting activity and SOAP Notes for both will be combined into #2. If you want to change which Client is #1 and which is #2, select Switch Records. Ensure the information is correct and select Merge Now to open Confirm Merge.
- Check I understand that merging these clients will be irreversible.
- Select Merge.
Afterwards, you'll be returned to the Clients section where you'll see, "Your contacts will be merged soon! Please reload the page." Only the one record will remain once the process is complete.
Note: If you see suggestions that aren't duplicates:
- Select Not Duplicates for step 5 instead.
- Select Select to remove the Clients from the Possible Duplicates list.