You can charge a credit card using the Mobile Card Reader if you're connected with Stripe and are checking out an appointment in MassageBook Mobile.
To check out an appointment using the Mobile Card Reader:
- Sign in to the MassageBook Mobile app to open your Dashboard.
- Select Schedule.
- Locate the appointment you need to check out.
- Select the appointment block to open Appointment Details.
- Select Check Out to go to Appointment Checkout.
- Select Next - Select Payment Method to go to Select Payment.
- Select Credit Card to go to Credit Card Payment.
- If your device is not already paired with the Mobile Card Reader, press and hold the reader's power button until the light is blinking green.
- Select Connect to pair the Mobile Card Reader to your device via Bluetooth. Once paired, the screen will update to Ready to Swipe and the light will be solid green.
- Swipe the card through the reader in the direction of the arrow on the reader. After a successful swipe, you'll be taken to Tip + Sign.
- Hand your device to the Client so that they can add a tip amount of their choice and their signature.
- Select Done Signing to process the card and to generate a receipt.
- Select Send Receipt to email a receipt to the Client or select Skip to bypass.
Afterwards, you'll be returned to the Schedule, and the appointment block will update to Checked Out.
- Even though you have the ability to insert a credit card's chip into the reader, that functionality isn't supported at this time. A card can only be swiped.
- If you need to key in the card, select Enter Manually instead of Connect in step 9 to manually enter the required information.
- You can access the mobile version by going to MassageBook through your device's browser, but the Mobile Card Reader only works using the MassageBook Mobile app that's downloaded from the App Store or Google Play.